Triode;536482 Wrote:
> I believe its because of where the installer puts squeezeplay which is
> in the location of a normal application (C:\Program Files or
> equivalent).  This means we should not install additional files to this
> location when it is run as a user.  It should definately be fixable,
> just got missed.
That's a different problem. I have worked around that by giving users
"create directory" rights for the lua/applets directory. This way any
user can install applets and automatically becomes the applet owner
with full access, while access to the core applets is still restricted.
That's still not perfect on multi-user systems, but if there is just a
single restricted user besides the admin it is workable for the time
being.

erland;536489 Wrote:
> Anyway, the structure isn't the main problem, the main problem is that I
> haven't found any way to check which platform I run on. I tried using
> the System.getArch() method but it just returns "unknown" on Windows so
> it doesn't feel reliable.
If that method fails you could call os.getenv("OS"). That should return
something like "Windows_NT".

--
usch