Triode;556000 Wrote:
> Yes commenting out that line only allows the plugin to load - it does
> not fix why it could not run the background task.  Could you try
> opening a cmd shell, changing directory to the location of Spotifyd.exe
> and trying to run it - I suspect it crashes, what's the error message
> you see in the cmd shell?

I get "The system cannot execute the specified program". Looking into
the event viewer I get errors (by a source called "SideBySide") related
to DCOM, same as here
http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=6828. The machine I'm
using is my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) where i have all
"unnecessary" services disabled. Seems I need to start some of them for
this to work. I started WMI and System Event Notification services but
it didn't do the trick. Probably need to start more services, any ideas
about which?

I will experiment more this evening (UTC+1), gotta rush...

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I see now also a system event: "Resolve Partial Assembly failed
for Microsoft.VC90.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced
assembly is not installed on your system." Maybe this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948619

--
OppfinnarJocke

// OppfinnarJocke
SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.5.1 r8837, Player FW 65
I mainly use my Duet for Spotify via chp's DSBridge
(http://tinyurl.com/DSBridge),
without SBS through MySqueezeBox.com (see post #294 in the DSBridge
thread)