mherger;556172 Wrote:
> >Thanks for the update. I'm seeing two issues:
>
> - first and most importantly: the applet fails to initialize after the
> reboot. In the log file I'm getting among others:
>
> Jun 19 23:17:50 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server -
> SlimServer.lua:314 Michael Hergers Mac mini
> firmware=http://192.168.0.47:9000/firmware/jive_7.6.0_r8852.bin
> force=false
> Jun 19 23:17:50 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SqueezeIR -
> SqueezeIRApplet.lua:1100 ERROR: Error receiving config from
> 'http://192.168.0.47:9000/SqueezeIR/html/000420999999/SqueezeIR.xml'...
> Jun 19 23:17:50 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SqueezeIR -
> SqueezeIRApplet.lua:1101 ERROR: Error returned was 'HTTP/1.1 404 Not
> Found'.
> Jun 19 23:17:50 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.SqueezeIR -
> SqueezeIRApplet.lua:604 ERROR: Configuration failed to load.
>
> This Mac Mini isn't the SBS to which the controlled player was
> connected. Thus it doesn't find the configuration file (yes, I've got
> more than one SBS running in my network).

SqueezeIR uses the jnt:subscribe() call so it can be notified when a
SBS server is available.  If that server does not have the config files
on it then the configuration will fail with the errors you have got and
it will remain subscribed so that SqueezeIR can try again when a new
server is connected.  If the server has the config files then SqueezeIR
downloads & caches them and then calls jnt:unsubscribe().  I did this to
prevent the issue that I had when the Controller connected to
mysqueezebox.com before connecting to my local server.

I hadn't thought about having multiple local servers and I'm not sure
which server would be returned by jnt:subscribe().  However, the
'Reload Configuration' option in SqueezeIR Settings always uses the
server of the currently connected player like this:

Code:
--------------------

  local player = appletManager:callService("getCurrentPlayer")
  local server = player:getSlimServer()

--------------------

I think you have two options, 1) place a copy of the SqueezeIR config
files on each of your servers, or 2) manually reload the config once
you are connected to a player that is connected to the correct server.
Once the settings are loaded you can change players at will as the
config is cached on the Controller until it is turned off or restarted.
The only other option that I can think of is for me to put a setting
into SqueezeIR that defines which of your servers has the config but I
think this overkill as most people only have one server.  If there's a
better way then I'd like to hear it.
mherger;556172 Wrote:
> second: there's something wrong with the popups. The title bar is
> somewhat overlaying a gray bar over the rest of the screen. And once
> the popup is hidden again, I'm getting an exception in the log:
>
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay: ERROR  squeezeplay.ui - Window.lua:272
> Hiding on unconsumed action
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay: stack traceback:
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  /usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Window.lua:272:
> in function </usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Window.lua:269>
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  (tail call): ?
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  /usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Widget.lua:656:
> in function '_event'
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  /usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Window.lua:1890:
> in function </usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Window.lua:1859>
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  [C 0x2cffc]: ?
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:  [C 0x2c4b0]: in function 'processEvents'
> Jun 19 23:20:00 squeezeplay:
>       /usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Framework.lua:291: in function
> </usr/share/jive/jive/ui/Framework.lua:289>
> I  noticed the display issue with the popup title bar but chose to
ignore it.  I think the issue might be in Logitech's style definition.
I 'stole' the popup code from the Capture Screenshot applet:

Code:
--------------------

  mobjPopup = Popup('toast_popup_mixed', APPLET_NAME)
  mobjPopup:addWidget(Group("group", {text = Textarea("text",
mtblTimerEvent["POPUP"])}))

  mobjPopup:addTimer(MIN_POPUP_TIME,
  function()
  if mobjTimer:isRunning() then
  elseif mobjPopup ~= nil then
  mobjPopup:hide()
  mobjPopup = nil
  end
  end
  )

  self:tieAndShowWindow(mobjPopup)

I don't see anything in this code that could allow me to solve the
display issue, any ideas?
As for the errors, I'm assuming you get these after SqueezeIR has
successfully got its configuration?  I didn't see them in my testing
but that's probable because thay don't reference SqueezeIR directly.
I'll have a look with some debug code.

--
indifference_engine