indifference_engine;556948 Wrote:
> It's possible but I'm not sure it would be useful.  Either the popup
> text would change too quickly to be readable or it would have to lag so
> far behind the codes being sent as to be meaningless.

Yes, you're probably right - forget it.

> This is a problem if your profile names are long and there's no way
> round it with the current set-up.  The only solution that comes to mind
> is a "Default Profile>" menu entry that opens a sub-menu listing all
> your profiles with radio-buttons for you to select the one you want.
> It would mean having to navigate an extra menu if you want to change
> the default profile but it would be more readable.  Would that be
> better?

For me, yes.

I have a problem with one of the popups, though. The popup in this code
works as it should:

Code:
--------------------
    <key ID="129">
        <events>
                <event ID="press">
                <override>true</override>
                        <actions>
                                <action order="1">
                                        <remote>NAD SR6</remote>
                                        <command>on</command>
                                </action>
                                <action order="2">
                                        <remote>NAD SR6</remote>
                                        <command>aux</command>
                                        <pause>20</pause>
                                </action>
                        </actions>

                        <playeractions>
                                <playeraction order="1">play</playeraction>
                                <playeraction
order="2">go_now_playing</playeraction>
                                <playeraction order="3">play</playeraction>
                        </playeractions>

                        <popup>Tænder NAD Receiver
  Skifter til AUX
  Starter musik</popup>
                </event>
        </events>
  </key>
--------------------

but this one doesn't:

Code:
--------------------
    <key ID="65">
        <events>
                <event ID="press">
                        <override>true</override>
                        <sound>true</sound>
                        <actions>
                                <action order="1">
                                        <remote>NAD SR6</remote>
                                        <command>off</command>
                                </action>
                        </actions>

                        <playeractions>
                                <playeraction
order="1">go_now_playing</playeraction>
                                <playeraction order="2">play</playeraction>
                                <playeraction order="3">pause</playeraction>
                        </playeractions>

                        <popup>Slukker NAD Receiver
  Stopper musik
  Hasta la vista - baby!</popup>
                </event>
        </events>
  </key>

As far as I can see, they are identical - but maybe I've stared myself
blind ...?

And one minor thing: Can you make the Controller ignore any tabs in the
popup text? Then I could keep my xml tidy (any tabs in the popup text
show up as squares on the Controller).

--
Pokersut