Triode;559278 Wrote:
> Do people use the ability to bookmark spotify items using favorites?  I
> am thinking of changing how the plugin works to try to work around some
> of the stability problems and the way I am thinking of would loose this
> capability.
>
> [technical background - at present I use some additions I added to the
> server for the BBCiPlayer plugin, this makes the code simple and means
> we can bookmark in favorites.  However it means I can't easily
> intercept when there is no response from spotify and decide to do
> something different.  What I would like to try is restarting the helper
> app at this point as the spotfy libary appears to lock up sometimes (or
> the server it is connected to stops sending it data)  To do so may
> loose the favorites functionality.]

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to use this long term, but it feels
like it could be useful to build up a browse structure with favorites
to be able to browse your favorite artists on Spotify. I'm pretty sure
I won't use favorites to play things, I only want them to be able to
get shortcuts to an artist or album.

However, if I have to choose between stability and favorities, I
definitely choose stability.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))