which would mean, that if erland uses this feature nothing would change
in iPeng, because:
- iPeng isn't sending 'useContextMenu' so even a changed CustomBrowse
would send the same data as now
- iPeng isn't rendering CustomBrowse-Menus like SqueezePlay anyway -
iPeng recognizes albums/title-lists and implements 'TouchToPlay' on its
own.
So iPeng already has, what I'm missing on the Radio ;)

Even though 'useContextMenu' isn't documented - why would you think
this would change in the future ?

As Logitech has devices which support context Menus
(Radio/Touch/Controller) and some that don't (Boom/Classic/Transporter)
they'd always need a way to distinguish how the server sends back the
key-mapping (TouchToPlay vs. old behaviour). Unless they drop support
for the older devices which I don't think they'll do in the foreseeable
future ? And as far as I know the Server currently doesn't know what
type of device is talking to it when asking for menus.

Also from the SqueezePlay-side I can't think of a change, when they
just send 'useContextMenu' for certain menus.
As they can't distinguish certain types of menus how could they omit
this flag ? It also wouldn't make sense that the client decides that it
doesn't want context menus on certain types of menu ?

So while of course everything might change in the future I think that
this flag is a rather 'safe' one ?

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.

Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)