jmpage2;562230 Wrote:
> I'm sure that you're a hard working fool and would like to get the
> update out, but three weeks is not entirely accurate, as the iPhone 4
> SDK has been available with beta builds since April.

I said testing with real users, not developers. You have to be a
developer to use the beta. Testing with three people doesn't help me.

I did know about the iPad issue but I did believe it's iPad specific, I
only became aware it's also an issue with iOS4 when that became publicly
available.

Your long list of updated apps is fine. I can update iPeng, too. You
will the exchange two or three bugs for a few dozen new ones. Does that
help you?

Most of the apps you list don't do a lot of very complex things (games
aside, don't know anything about games) but I can assure you that my
"hello world" app runs just fine on iOS4.

bluegaspode;562231 Wrote:
> Good sideeffect for the developer: the alarm menus are the most
> complicated SqueezePlay beasts (I think) - they don't even refresh
> properly on the real devices ;)
Oh, it refreshes just fine on iPeng...

jmpage2;562235 Wrote:
> All of my other apps (and I have a lot of them) continued to work under
> iPhone 4.

So that's why it was so simple to update them :)

> Also, my iPad, which is based on a later load of OS 3 also has the
> alarm bug when running iPeng.

iPad is not based on a LATER OS but on a DIFFERENT OS adding to
complexity. Before iOS4 anything you did for iPad did explicitly NOT
run on iPhone so you had to have different code for that. With iOS4
it's the other way around, iOS4 specific code doesn't run on iPad. Both
iOS4 code and iPad code doesn't run on 1st gen iPhone and iPod touch
devices.

--
pippin

---