pippin;567410 Wrote:
> Is the scan finished! iPeng isn't particularly stable while the server
> is scanning (and never was).
>
> I'm not sure whether that wakeup issue (from the background) has an
> impact, I fixed a rather severe bug for that small update I posted
> yesterday but it was mainly related to switching servers.
>
> In no case can iPeng wake up your iPod as much as I would like it to.
>
> Do you keep the connection open? This at least should help against the
> wakeup issue if you don't put iPeng to the background.
> Which server version is this!

Thanks for the reply.

I am on SBS 7.5.2. A CustomScan (Erland's plugin) is running, but that
does not use the regular SBS scanner.exe. In earlier versions of iPeng
I did not have this issue even during scans. I had some crashes also
before initiating the scan but the crashes became much more frequent
after I had started the scan.

By waking up I mean making the dimmed iPod screen bright when the iPod
just laid untouched on my desk. I only saw that once so it might not
have been related to iPeng. And the iPod normally goes to sleep just
fine.

I do not use the preserve connection option in iPeng. I do not know how
to put iPeng in the background. Is that some iOS 4 feature I have not
discovered or is it not available on iPod Touch? The iPod Touch is not
"jailbroken", whatever that is.

iPeng caching was done (at least no visible progress bar) when iPeng
crashed.

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on
iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win 7 | 7.5.2 on Win XP