results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=81028
Question: Which player icons in iPeng do you prefer?

- Old
- New

Chunkywizard;570279 Wrote:
> Hi Pippin,
>
> the power states of the new icons isn't the biggest issue for me, I
> just prefer the old ones! What resolution do the icons have to be?
> Perhaps a skilled poster could update the old style icons to the
> correct resolution. I guess you could take the press shots (eg image
> gallery here:
> http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems/devices/5745)as
> a starting point.
>
> CW

Well, there are the icons on MySqueezebox.com which have a high-enough
resolution but one has to make icons out of those.
The icons need to be 40x40 and 80x80 and then you need transparency for
the background and you need a glow or something to indicate the on/off
state and then you need a way to tell it's an on/off button.

I know you prefer the old icons but please be aware that
a) there are dissenting views on that and actually before the 1.2.5
release there was a lot of negativity about the old icons as well.
b) a lot of people did not understand they are a power button.
The current ones probably don't fare too well in the latter respect,
too but the new ones we've prepared here probably will (and they are
_very_ well distinguishable).

>From my POV, I would still like to understand how many people prefer
which icons once the "on/off" issue is gone and then it's really a
broader issue about how to make iPeng "skinnable".

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com