amcluesent;571848 Wrote:
> OK, what I mean is that Media Player 11 on Vista and PlugPlayer on iPad
> are both working fine with Twonky Media Server on the Vista machine.
>
> If I stop Twonky and start Whitebear, then neither client detects a
> media server at all, despite rescans.
>
> Windows Firewall is switched off.

There are four fundamental things that Whitebear needs:
1) It must be running
2) It must be permitted through the firewall on that PC (by default
ports 31415 and 31416)
3) Squeezebox server must be running on the same PC
4) Squeezebox server must be permitted through the firewall on that PC

But, from what you say, these requirements are fulfilled.

amcluesent;571848 Wrote:
> Just a thought, my machine as multiple Ethernet adaptors (some virtual
> for VPN). Could WhiteBear be binding to one of these and hence missing
> traffic?

That would do it!!

As I recall it (without digging into the code), if there is more than
one Ethernet adapter, the UPnP discovery and UPnP server parts of
Whitebear assume that the first is a VPN, and so it binds to the second
non VPN one. However, for the file server parts of Whitebear, again as I
recall, it just binds to the first adapter. Facit: if you have more than
one adapter, it will definitely be confused !!

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG