amcluesent;572085 Wrote:
> Yes, that was the problem. After disabling my Hamichi VPN interface,
> Whitebear was visible to clients on the LAN. Any chance of a config
> option or command line switch to set the interface binding?

Yes. I would like to do this. I am just struggling with what the config
option list should offer i.e. how it should look. You obviously have
more experience than me with such configurations, so I wonder if you
can suggest how you would like it to be?

amcluesent;572085 Wrote:
> Some mixed results with clients

Thanks for the brilliant feedback. It is exactly what I wanted !!

amcluesent;572085 Wrote:
> PlugPlayer app crashes trying to create a playlist from content served
> by Whitebear

That's cool  ;-/
Any chance of running a log on PlugPlayer to trace what failed?

amcluesent;572085 Wrote:
> Sony BD-S370 disk player
> MP3 played fine, FLAC were shown as LPCM but always reported as corrupt
> when tried to play

It is normal that Flac would appear as LPCM since the Sony's don't
support FLAC and transcoding is therefore needed. But can you perhaps
tell me something about the Flacs that caused the error? Specifically
do you have 44kbps sampling or 48k or 96k higher? Could you send me one
of the failing Flac files?

amcluesent;572085 Wrote:
> Sony Bravia KDL22E5300 TV
> Seems to play everything, inc. the transcoded FLACs which tripped up
> the BD-S370

This confirms my experience with Sony TVs. I have a Sony KDL-40Z4500
which also works a treat. Frankly I am a bit surprised that the Sony
Blu-Ray player tanks; you would expect them to use the same firmware...

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG