Philip Meyer;573930 Wrote:
> I use Comodo Firewall/Defence+.
>
> This reported that Whitebear was asking for a connection, and blocked
> until I accepted.  I accepted this request, but Whitebear still kept
> raising the dialogs.  I closed Whitebear down and restarted, but it
> still reported the error.
>
> Looking in my Firewall log, I can see that it asked for a UDP
> connection from port 4355 to 239.255.255.250 port 1900.  I have allowed
> all outgoing UDP traffic on any port for this application.
>
> Phil

Thanks for the feedback. I need to dig into this a bit more. But you
probably need to do more than just open up for UDP traffic.

Whitebear is quite a complex animal: It has two HTTP servers (on ports
31415 and 31416) and the respective HTTP requests are accepted on to
random ports. It has one UDP server on port 1900 for receiving UPnP
search requests, and it responds by UDP Unicast to the searcher's IP
and Port. Also it sends UDP multicast broadcasts to 239.255.255.250
port 1900 for UPnP alive and byebye notifications. It talks to
Squeezebox server via a TCP connection on port 9090. And it sends UPnP
Subscription Notify messages to whatever address and port the
subscriber asks for.

--
AndrewFG

Regards,