csimon;574505 Wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm still having no luck!  My experiences with various
> control points and media players as as follows.

Brilliant feedback! Just what I need. You have a completely different
set of CPs than me, (and mine all work), whereas yours don't ;-) Please
keep up the feedback.

General question: are you using latest v2.0.1.803 ??

csimon;574505 Wrote:
> WD HD TV Live box as a control point/player: I can browse the Squeeze
> library but selecting an item to play brings up the Now Playing screen
> briefly and then returns to the menu without playing.  It works with
> another UPnP server (the one built into Synology NAS units).

This could be a firewall issue. Is your firewall open for incoming HTTP
requests on both of Whitebear's server ports 31415 and 31416?

Or it could be an issue with Whitebears' Content Directory Browse
could be kind enough to run me a trace from Whitebear (check the boxes:
Trace Tcp Server, and Trace Media Server)? Thanks in advance.

csimon;574505 Wrote:
> foobar2000: I can browse the Squeeze library but when I select an item
> to play on a renderer (either the WD HD TV box as a renderer or the
> Intel UPnP Developer tools Renderer) the item doesn't get queued. It
> works with the Synology server.

Probably ditto to first point above...

csimon;574505 Wrote:
> eezUPnP: The Whitebear server appears in the list of servers but when I
> click on it no menu tree appears.  The Synology server appears and I
> can browse the tree but I cannot queue any items.

Sounds like eezUPnP is (also) a bit buggy ;-)

csimon;574505 Wrote:
> Intel UPnP Dev Tools (using the Controller & Renderer): Whitebear does
> not appear in the list of servers.  I have started and stopped
> Whitebear while Intel is running to ensure that it gets spotted, but it
> never appears.

Yes, I noticed that too. But it does appear in the Intel Dev Tools
Device Sniffer and Device Validator applications. So far it is a
mystery to me. But I am working on it...

csimon;574505 Wrote:
> Maybe it's just my combination of things that doesn't work!

My current test applications are WMP12 (CP/DMS/DMP/DMR), Sony TV (DMP),
Oppo Blu-Ray (DMP), and Asset Control (CP). But I will download some of
the software CPs you mention above, and test with them too...

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG