esa;580650 Wrote:

> Can I buy the cheaper and what can be the limitations ?
>
> Is it more faster on 4G, do you implement new functionalities for the
> 4G ?
> I ask this urgently, because the promotion is until today.

iPeng currently works on the older one as well.
It will not support multitasking so you can't keep iPeng in the
background but have to quit and re-start if you want to do something
else.

If you want to use another app for playback on the iPod (you currently
can't do that with iPeng although it's planned) you can't keep that one
running in the background, too.

I can't really tell you what future limitations, this will mainly
depend on how Apple supports these devices. Right now, iPeng requires
iOS 3.0 (the iPod software version) but will eventually move to 4.x.
The 2G iPod also supports 4.0 so for now you are pretty safe but I
would not bet on Apple still supporting it with a 5.0 next year. So I
believe you are safe to still get updates for about a year with the
older device.

iPeng is a bit faster on the new device, too (3s startup time as
compared to 5-6s on the older device), scrolling is faster and
smoother, too, abut the actual operation should not differ too much,
that depends more on the server.

4G has a higher resolution screen.

> Can I use the Ipod+Ipeng like the SqueezeTouch : if I connect the Ipod
> to a active speaker, can I ear the music ?

Yes but as of today not with iPeng. There are two other Apps
(SqueezeCast and SqueezeMobile) and you can also just use the
mp3-stream from the server by opening it in the browser.

> Is it easy to develop program for Ipod ?

Yes and no. You have to learn Objective-C and you need to learn Apple's
software architecture. When you've done so it's pretty simple because
the API is very powerful.

> I live in belgium : where can I buy this application ?

On the device itself. You'll need an iTunes account.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com