I don't understand what you mean by
"open a web browser session to squeezebox server"

How do I access the Squeezebox server via Safari?

If I can get there, I assume that I will find the next step, but at
present I can't reach 1st base!

I can find "Squeezebox server" on my mac,but when I open it I can't see
any settings options.  Am I in the correct place?

Just found a connection via ADVANCED SETTINGS to reach the 3rd party
options, so I will have to see whether I correctly set it up

Still confused. Reminds of the location of the demolition notice in The
Hitchhiker's Guide

Michael.

--
MiMo