gharris999;590944 Wrote:
> I'm interested in working on this.  Could you post your jigstart &
> jigstop scripts?  I'm currently in the process of pulling the "not
> idle" code out of SrvrPowerCtrl and putting it into
> ReallyPreventStandby.  I've gotten as far as creating a utility app for
> linux/gnome that will inhibit suspend for a given length of time and
> getting ReallyPreventStandby to call it periodically.  I'll start
> working on the OSX stuff next week.
>
> But, I think the real answer to your question will be this:  we'll need
> to "hook" the sleep event in OSX at the operating system level.  I don't
> know of a way to do this within a SBS plugin.  So, we're talking about
> using an external system utility.
>
> At least one person has written such a utility:
> http://www.bernhard-baehr.de/.  Mr. Baehr's "SleepWatch" daemon
> (referenced on that page) along with a change to SrvrPowerCtrl ought to
> do the trick for you.  The change I'll need to make is to add a new CLI
> command to SrvrPowerCtrl: something like a "getnextwakeuptime" request.
> This will allow an 'onsleep' script called by Mr. Baehr's
> "SleepWatcher" daemon to query SrvrPowerCtrl for the correct time to
> program the system for wakeup.  That combination ought to meet your
> requirements nicely.
>
> Adding a "getnextwakeuptime" CLI request to SrvrPowerCtrl will be
> trivial and I'll make the changes to my code in the next day or two.
> It may be some time before I update the beta repo with a new
> SrvrPowerCtrl package, so I may just post a version here for you to
> try.

Gordon, thanks for this.

Jigstart is
#!/bin/bash
osascript -e 'tell application "Jiggler" to launch'

and jigstop is
#!/bin/bash
osascript -e 'quit application "Jiggler"'

My other option is to get wake on wireless lan working - in which case
the SB Radio should be able to send a WoWlan command to the server 5
minutes before the alarm.  Irritatingly WoWlan  is only working
intermittently, probably because I don't have the necessary Apple
Airport router and am using a Linksys.

Jigstart and jigstop work beautifully in preventing the Mac from going
to sleep though.

--
shawje