Adagio,

Please try:

Internet Radio --> BBC iPlayer --> Listen Live --> BBC Radio 3 HD

BBC Radio 3 is not HD by default.  "BBC Radio 3 HD" is a separate
stream.  Apologies if this is obvious.

As regards which Squeezebox, I had the same dilemma, and plumped for
the Touch in November. I now think it was the right choice.  The DAC
spec decided me, plus favourable reviews in e.g. Stereophile.  Now it
is working, the sound quality, my chief objective, meets expectations
entirely. The sound from the Touch analogue output is outstanding with
24 bit, 96 kHz or 192 kHz FLAC files e.g. from Linn.   Radio 3 HD is a
great asset which I did not expect.  Laurels to Triode - will add these
to a post on the drop-out.

--
John A