Triode;599446 Wrote:
> Please can I ask for help from Touch owners to help debug this glitch
> problem.
>
> I am interested if you hear glitches and at what frequency on the Radio
> 3 HD feed in three different case:
> 1) With native aac decode enabled (file types) and the player mp3
> decode set to "direct streaming" (player setttings, audio)
> 2) With native aac decode enabled and the player mp3 decode set to
> "proxied"
> 3) With native aac decode disabled and the player mp3 decode set to
> "direct streaming"
>
> The first case uses rtmp and aac processed on the player, the second
> case only uses the aac codec on the player, but does rtmp processing on
> the server and the last case does all three on the server.
>
> I'd like a few aligned data points on this as I have been struggling to
> identify this and have spent too long listening to Radio 3 today!

Triode,

Thank you.  I, too, have now developed Mozart aversion therapy. I tried
the settings you describe, and the glitches came back with the first
trial.  They remained, and remain.  I tried some other changes to get
rid of them, thus extending trial settings beyond 3), as follows, but
no dice.  Timings are given as hour.minute.second  p.m. today.  I won't
be able to do more for some days, back to work tomorrow.  Best wishes,
John

I am interested if you hear glitches and at what frequency on the Radio
3 HD feed in three different case:

Starting point (no glitches): aac decoder disabled under file types
both aac and mpeg-4.  mp3 decode "Direct streaming" (default),

Then: aac decoder for file type mpeg-4 set to "native".

1) With native aac decode enabled (file types) and the player mp3
decode set to "direct streaming" (player setttings, audio)

Player is off

restarting server with these settings

SERVER ON 6.19.25

Glitches:
6.22.00
6.23.15
6.24.30
6.25.50

2) With native aac decode enabled and the player mp3 decode set to
"proxied"

Glitches:
6.27.10
?
6.29.45
?
6.35.00
6.36.15
6.37.35

3) With native aac decode disabled and the player mp3 decode set to
"direct streaming"

Glitches:
6.40.10
??
6.47.50
6.48.00
6.49.15

4) …. as 3) but returning to aac disabled under both aac and mpeg-4
file formats  (no glitch previously)

Glitches:
6.51.55
6.53.10
6.54.28
?
6.57.05

5) Player off, Player on, Server off, then Server on with settings as
4)

Glitches:
7.05.30
7.06.45

ARGH!  The glitch is back even on original glitch-free settings.

6) aac disabled on all three file types;  server off and on by means of
logout and login.

Glitches, as above.

7) Revert completely to start settings. Restart server.

Glitches, as above.

As much as I hope this helps, there comes to mind the phrase "If it
works, don't fix it".

--
John A

Squeezebox Touch • Squeezebox Radio • Apple TV • Cambridge Audio
DacMagic • Rega Apollo • PrimaLuna Prologue 2 • Quad ESL