I've just posted release 1.1.1 of the Spotify plugin to the repository.
This release is focussed on improved playback stablity and wider server
support.  I encourage everyone to update and provide feedback as I will
be focussing support on this version.

Major new features:
- reduce loading time for next track when playing a playlist (only of
benefit if you leave the playlist to play, can reduce time "connecting"
to next track)
- attempt to reduce repeated rebuffering events from slow spotify
servers
- pcm based streaming in addition to flac streaming for servers without
flac library (for linux mainly)
- ability to disable flac encode via settings, file types if you prefer
not to use flac decode on your players
- native linux64 bit support
- linux glibc 2.3.x support (e.g. CentOS4)
- automatic selection of alternative helper binaries (apple, linux) -
to detect appropriate architecture/lack of flac library

Please post positive feedback here on a per os basis so I can confirm
all options are working (there are now 1 x windows, 2 x mac and 4 x
linux binaries across all the platforms - so it would be good to
confirm they all work!)

If you have previously had a version of 1.1.1 installed from my test
repository, this is an updated version from the test release.  Please
uninstall the test version and remove the test repository from your
serve configuration.  Then install the new 1.1.1 version.

Rebuffering

Several people have reported this over the last weekend holiday period.
This appears to be congestion at the spotify server end.  You may not
experience the same thing on the Spotify PC based client as it uses
peer-peer connections for streaming rather than direct streaming from a
Spotify server.  This latest version of the plugin tries to reduce the
number of times this occurs.  It requires the latest version of
squeezebox server to help it do this.

--
Triode