Owen Smith;601744 Wrote:
> Phew, it's not my fault! Listen Again stopped working precisely when I
> switched across to my new RipNAS as my SqueezeBox Server. I assumed I'd
> done something wrong or the RipNAS was faulty, but it coincides exactly
> with these postings.
>
> And "we" (society as a whole) wonder why less technical people prefer
> to stick with FM radios...
Small point, MP3 streams are available in the UK for BBC iPlayer.
These are not as good as the AAC streams, but better than WMA.

In Settings - Advanced - BBC iPlayer

Untick both "Prefer WMA streams" and "Use Flash AAC streams" and just
tick "Use Flash MP3 streams".
Press the Apply button.

If I recall correctly, this does not work for people outside of the UK.
I have to use it because my NAS does not support AAC transcoding.

--
TheLastMan

Matt

*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology Diskstation 107+ NAS (with firmware 2.3-1157)
running Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 on Synology Package Manager
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline. LPs ripped usingBehringer
UCA202 USB into Windows XP PC