vrette;621873 Wrote:
> I have the newest version of iPeng with playback enabled running on an
> iPhone 4. I just switched my SB Server from 7.5.2 running on a Windows
> box, to 7.6 running on a Sheevaplug (Debian). I've switched all the
> players on the network to the new server, completely shut the old
> server down (rebooted the machine and made sure it wasn't running SB
> Server), flushed the cache on iPeng, shut down my iphone and turned it
> back on, but the old SB server still shows up in iPeng.under Music
> Source. So am I missing something, or have I uncovered a bug?

You have probably configured WOL for the old server which makes iPeng
remember it (because otherwise it could not send WOL packets). Turn of
WOL in the server details for the server and restart iPeng to get rid
of the old incarnation

brady7;621885 Wrote:
> Actually, I think you're right, even though it's now working. How do I
> send the screenshot to you?

The screen shot is in your photo album on the iThingy. If you open it
there you can send it via e-mail. My mail is coolio att
penguinlovesmusic dott com.

> I must confess I never really bothered with/understood all the
> terminology: squeezeserver/squeezcenter/mysqueezebox.com. The thing
> just worked & I never fussed with it.

This is a good start
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Beginners_Guide

> I should add: the whole trouble started when my daughter accidentally
> re-named the external hard drive that the squeezeserver "sees" all my
> music through (I have 2 other hard drives symlinked to it (I'm on a
> mac)). All of a sudden neither the duet controller nor ipeng would play
> anything. When I tried to re-scan, the damn wheel just goes round for
> days. Eventually logitech phone help got me to install squeezeserver
> 7.54, which worked...at first I could play via the duet controller, &
> now that you helped me with quitting & restarting ipeng, ipeng now
> works too.
> But I still have the same endless spinning wheel when I try to re-scan
> (I have about 2.5 tb of music). I guess since I use the music folder
> system to access my music, I don't need it to re-scan, right(?).

Well, if you browse with artwork, you should. Also, it would speed up
things a lot. Browsing the music folder still uses the database, it's
just being scanned as you browse...

Maybe you still have a symlink to the old drive name in there?

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com