pippin;622516 Wrote:
> iPeng enforces bitrate limiting to 128kbps over 3G networks now. This is
> an Apple requirement.
> [/url]
Why would Apple put such a requirement on an App? It must be an
operator requirement on Apple, a specifical operator in the US if I am
not mistaken. But why should I living in e.g. Sweden, where no operator
imposes such limitations on any applications, be affected by that.
Spotify for example streams at 320 kbps, SVT-play streams up to what
the radio bearer can deliver, and what the client application can take.
Without any issues whatsoever.

Could you perhaps make it dependent on region? I am pretty sure it is
only in the US where an operator really has such a requirement.
Networks are different, many are good, some are not...

I guess adaptive coding would be another way. If the network is
congested, or the operator throttles your traffic, it could drop down
to lower speeds. Then its up to the network quality and the operators
way of handling traffic and users, and not Apple having to control
things.
Spotify does NOT have that limitation imposed on them by Apple...

--
Gblenn