pippin;624949 Wrote:
> Well, yes, you know, a lot of people like the album art and putting a
> lot of effort into having it.
I understand. This is why I asked for an option and not a wholesale
change.

> There's an enhancement request which is unfortunately quite old but I
> still plan to implement it to have a text display replacing the generic
> artwork, indeed.
This won't do me a lot of good if it's only applicable to the generic
artwork. I need to be able to read the text all the time, with whatever
artwork.

> For options I have a simple rule: for every new one an old one has to go
> (since there are already way too many; at least that's what a LOT of
> users tell me) so which one would that be?

How about doing away with whatever resizes artwork to the landscape
width and cuts off the top and bottom?

> would using the controls on the players page work for you?
> The other alternative I did consider was using gestures but that would
> eradicate the chance to use the sub-pages.
I can't get to that screen in landscape mode at all, can I? When I look
at the now playing screen in landscape mode, as mentioned above, I'm
already losing the top and bottom of album art right off the bat. Then
the top of the screen has the text overlay. I don't know what's so
special about the bottom half of this cut-off artwork, that a lower
overlay with <| || |> and volume controls would harm.

--
jstraw