PasTim;635296 Wrote:
> Not something I know a lot about.  I do use wireless a bit (for a laptop
> I use to control my PC server which is in another room), but I spent
> most of my time on security rather than performance.
>
> You need to be be getting a decent speed from laptop to router and
> thence to Boom, at least a reliable 10Mbps, preferably 40-50Mbps so
> there's a load of spare capacity.
>
> You might try asking on the Boom section of the forum.

I guess I spoke too soon. It's still rebuffering while wired, but only
much less frequently.

The reason I'm here and not in the Boom section is because it only
happens when I'm using the Wave Input plugin. When I'm streaming my
music collection from the laptop to the Boom I don't have any problems
with rebuffering at all.

Do you think it might be that the flac stream is too big? Maybe I
should make it into a smaller stream and see if that helps, but I'm not
sure of the right settings.

--
rrand