Wirrunna;637053 Wrote:
> Chris, what version of Squeezebox Server, Windows or ? and what version
> of Spicefly Sugarcube ?
> Also, have you checked the tags in MP3Tag ? If I recall correctly,
> older versions of SugarCube did not work well with non-ASCII characters
> and MIP is notorious for not liking them.

Wirrunna - I'm running SB V7.5.4 r32171 under Windows XP SP2 with
Sugarcube v2.65.

I'm sure that you are probably correct that the issue is with the tags
but I cann't find the root of the problem (I do use MP3Tag). As
previously noted I do have other artists with non-ASCII characters like
"Andrés Segovia" and "Ali Farka Touré" and in all cases these non-ASCII
characters appear in the tags and file names. In the case of these 2
artists MusicIP and Spicefly work perfectly.

However, just to check I did remove the non-ASCII character from all
occurances of Sinead O'Connor's name (tag data, file names and
folders), deleted all fingerprint tag data, re-analysed in MusicIP, and
reloaded my entire library into SB to no effect - still unable to get an
associated track selected with Spicefly.

I know that the problem is with Spicefly because if I ask for a MusicIP
mix based on a Sinead o'Connor seed track (with or without non-ASCII
characters) I get a comprehensive playlist!

I'm at a complete loss on this one:-(

--
russelc

Regards, Chris

Hi-FI: SB3 (wireless), Ipod Touch (+iPeng), active Linn Kabers, 3 x
LK100, Kairn, LP12