nikev;640751 Wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been having weird problems with my Vortexbox appliance +
> Squeezebox Touch, and the server power control plugin.
>
> I set it to hibernate the server after inactivity, and also at a
> specified hour each night. The hibernation process works fine every
> time.
>
> However, it seems that it's not always possible to wake the VBA
> cleanly. Most times the server works when the Squeezebox Touch is
> powered up, but about once a week or so, it goes into a state where it
> looses network connectivity, and cannot even be pinged, even though the
> power light is lit, and machine appears to be running. It's on a fixed
> IP address, so there should be no problem finding it, but somehow it
> cannot be seen. The only way out of this is a hard reboot.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this would be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> NikeIf you're really talking about hibernation, then, no, I don't have much
advice for you.  These sorts of vagaries are maddening.  But they seem
hardware and OS dependent and have nothing to do with SrvrPowerCtrl,
per se.

If you're actually suspending (rather than hibernating) then you might
try some of the optional suspend command line quirk arguments.  The
sort of symptom you describe is something I've experienced before...but
with returning from suspend, not hibernation.  Adding a suspend quirk
arg to the command line has always fixed it...expect on old, no-hope
hardware that just doesn't support S3 sleep very well.  See the quirks
page, available as a link from the SrvrPowerCtrl plugin help page.

Try testing your VBA's ability to suspend or hibernate and fully wake
up via WOL independently of SrvrPowerCtrl by trying the various
pm-utils from a console command line.  See:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/oneiric/man8/pm-action.8.html for
documentation.  (Yes, I know that VB is built on Fedora...that Ubuntu
page was just what Google popped up first.)

Are you running the latest version of SrvrPowerCtrl beta, ver.
20110601.120532?

--
gharris999