Ikabob;642229 Wrote:
> I very much like the audio quality of Spotify. The 320 kps stream is
> close to CD quality IMHO. BUT, the functionality for finding
> albums,saving favorite albums,browsing for albums etc. Is very poor. Is
> there any hope for this functionality to get better.

If you are talking about the Logitech plugin, I wouldn't have too much
hope it will get any significant improvements besides any improvements
related to:
- Stability
- Support for more hardware devices

Logitech tends to focus on stuff which will decrease their
support/maintenance costs or things that are big enough to mention in
their marketing material and makes it possible for them to sell more
hardware.

If you want improvements in other area, you need to use the third party
plugin from Triode, but in this case it's important to be specific about
what you are missing and what you want to be improved.

Ikabob;642232 Wrote:
> Your plugin is very nice and the " recent albums" selection is somewhat
> like saving an album to a library... which is what I like.

I want the same thing, being able to create a mixed library of local
music and online streaming songs, so my intention is that we should get
there eventually, it's just a matter of time and inspiration. However,
as you say, the "Recent Albums" item in Triode's plugin is a decent
workaround until we get a real solution for this. I want the Spotify
songs I like to be treated the same as any local songs, making it
possible to find them in browse menus and use them in smart playlists
and other similar things.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))