bpa;642323 Wrote:
> Just use the Radio 3 menu.
>
> Not sure what changes Triode made to latest plugin "live" but if you
> are outside the UK the Radio 3 HD menu doesn't work.  However if you
> have "use native AAC" enabled in the settings then the Radio 3 menu
> plays the AAC stream which is 320kbps.
>
> In this instance the term "native" refers to BBC and not the player.
>
> I would have preferred that the "live" AAC (which are 128k) and WMA
> (which are 48k) were available as separate menus on older players (e.g.
> SB3) and not only selectable using Settings as I have a Boom player
> which has a wireless link that cannot support the transcoded AAC->Flac
> stream but other players which are wired can play the Flac.  The
> previous version with AAC streams under "Special events" suited this
> setup.

:( Looks like I can't please all of the people all of the time....

The new version uses the native aac streams for all live streams which
exist.  So this means Radio 3 is a native aace stream, but Radio 3 HD
is flash/aac as this is all it is available as.  At present it looks
like both get the same aac stream, but I left the HD one on the menu as
I am not sure if things will change.

I suspect the live streams at 128k and higher outside of the uk is not
what is intended, but I have used the urls required by the BBC so it is
up to them to decide what bitrate they want for users...  Be warned
though that the bitrates may reduce if the BBC decide to impose
differential quality for users outside the uk on these streams.

I need to think about the case of transcoded vs native streams it may
be that we can resolve this with yet another preference....

--
Triode