erland;644152 Wrote:
> I'm running it in my setup and it seems to work, I don't think there
> have been a lot of beta testing yet on 7.6 but as far as I can see most
> things seems to work properly.
>
> As long as you haven't customized the SQL manually I don't think you
> have the change much when upgrading.
>
> The thing that might need adjustment is if you have setup any libraries
> using the "Dependent Library" template, in this case you need to go
> through them and verify that each library configuration still points to
> the correct included/excluded library. The reason is that the library
> identities are re-generated in 7.6 so library with id 1 might be
> library with id 4 in 7.6. The same thing also applies to any Custom
> Browse or SQL Playlist menus where you have selected a specific library
> which the menu/playlist should be limited to.
>
> Let me know if you get any problems.

Hi Erland,

I just upgraded to 7.6.0 with absolutely no problems so far.
I have a library with classical music and a dependent library with "the
rest". So far so good :-)

In case anyone is interested in seeing positive feedback about 7.6.0 it
reduced my scan time by just below 70% (from around 45 to 15 minutes):

Squeezebox Server Status
Version: 7.6.0 - r32854 @ Mon Jul 25 10:10:04 PDT 2011
Hostname: rogerFederer
Server IP Address: 192.168.247.102
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: i686-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.32_02 (sqlite 3.7.5)
Total Players Recognized: 3

Library Statistics
Total Tracks: 28,146
Total Albums: 2,572
Total Artists: 1,610
Total Genres: 117
Total Playing Time: 2214:57:18

Music Scan Details
Discovering files   (31706 of 31706)   Complete  00:00:28
Scanning new files   (28147 of 28147)   Complete  00:13:31
Discovering playlists   (5 of 5)   Complete  00:00:00
Scanning new playlists   (4 of 4)   Complete  00:00:02
Pre-caching Artwork   (2069 of 2069)   Complete  00:01:30

The server has finished scanning your music collection.
Total Time: 00:15:31 (Friday 29 July 2011 / 15:23)

--
tuc

--
Server:  Atom D510 running Ubuntu 10.10 with 2 GB RAM
Players: SB receiver + 2 SB boom, all players synchronized