PasTim;644799 Wrote:
> I seem to recall a while back you saying that Custom Scan refreshes had
> to go back SB 7.5.n frequently to allow people to play tracks whilst
> scanning.  My experience thus far is that it is quite impossible to
> play anything whilst scanning (base or custom) using SB 7.6.  I get no
> sound, then rebuffering, restarting, and so on.
>
> It is very noticeable using 7.6 that the the squeezebox service is now
> running at a constant steady pace (about 9-10% CPU on my PC) whilst
> custom scanning.  It used to scan in short bursts of a few seconds.
>
> If feasible (optionally?), I'd much rather all scans ran as fast as
> possible and I'll forgo listening to SB whilst it is scanning.
SB sometimes decides to rescan without me telling it to, usually when I
have added a track and played it via Music Folder.  I wish it wouldn't,
but the issue I have here is that I then get a custom scan which takes
2 hours.  During this time I cannot play anything.  This is very
different from 7.5.n, when I could play tracks whilst custom scanning.

I had been hoping for faster Custom Scans in 7.6.  What we seem to have
now is Custom Scans that are not much quicker than before when playing
music in parallel, but which now don't let you play music at the same
time.

For now I will have to set custom scans to entirely manual and trigger
them only when I want to.

--
PasTim