Chunkywizard;651767 Wrote:

> I just loaded this up to give it a try. I am a bit confused by some of
> your comments, hopefully you can explain. You say 'my hope is that this
> should make it possible to play music without interruption while doing a
> full rescan'. What do you mean about a full rescan? If you are talking
> 'Clear library and rescan everything' (which I am currently doing) then
> you have no music when scanning (as it has yet to be discovered), or are
> you talking about from mysqueezebox.com? I put on the radio whilst
> scanning and had rebuffering issues at the end of the scanning new
> files stage (300 files or so from the end)

Isn't the library filled bit by bit so you can start playing the
already scanned tracks before the complete scanning is finished. The
new/changed files rescanning when you have changed many files will
still have playback disturbances and I'm not sure that's possible to
avoid, the advantage is that rescanning 10 added files will take 5
seconds instead of 4 hours as it can take to rescan the whole library
as Custom Scan did before.

Chunkywizard;651767 Wrote:

> Another comment, I don't understand "Haven't tested or implemented
> anything regarding export/import modules provided by TrackStat, so my
> guess is that these probably won't work yet when triggered from the
> main SBS scanner". Do you mean, only LastFM, custom Tag, Mixed Tag and
> Rating Tag work? If so, I use none of them, so I am not sure my test
> will prove anything.

At the moment I think only LastFM, Custom Tag, Mixed Tag and Rating Tag
will work. I'll see if it's easy to add the TrackStat based
import/export module sometime soon, hopefully later this week.

Chunkywizard;651767 Wrote:

> I checked disc usage and nothing out of the ordinary. I tried adding
> some new music and just scanning for that.

Disc usage is only relevant if you use one of the scanning modules
provided by the Custom Scan module itself, I suspect it's mostly Custom
Tag, Mixed Tag and LastFM module that might cause problems regarding
disc usage.

Chunkywizard;651767 Wrote:

> I get:
>
> Discovering files/directories: \\TheMACServer\Music\Music   (17001 of
> 17001)   Complete  00:03:26
> Removing deleted files: \\TheMACServer\Music\Music   (0 of 1)   Running
> 00:00:00
> Scanning new files: \\TheMACServer\Music\Music   (0 of 56)   Running
> 00:00:00
>
> and my server has hung with CPU=100%

Could you try to enable "debug" logging in both "plugin.trackstat" and
"plugin.customscan" and see if you get any errors in the server.log or
scanner.log when the server hangs with 100% CPU. I suspect it might be
related to the TrackStat refresh operation which execute when SBS
scanning is finished but I'm not completely sure, the server.log or
scanner.log when activating debug logging for Custom Scan/TrackStat
should indicate if this is the case.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))