Hi Erland,

I just upgraded from squeezeboxserver 7.5.5 to 7.6.1 and have have a
problem with Custom Browse. I use several Custom Browse menus
especially for browsing classical music based on the Mixed Tags
template. The menus comprise standard tags like ALBUM, ARTIST, COMPOSER
and custom tags like GROUPING (for the work name of a classical piece)
and COMMENT. I have for example the following browse menus:

Classical Music -> Work -> Composer -> Artist -> Title

Classical Music -> Album -> Work -> Title

Classical Music -> Composer -> Work -> Artist -> Title

Classical Music -> Artist -> Album -> Work -> Title

These Custom Browse menus are based on the Mixed Tags template and
worked perfectly in the past. However, since I switched to
squeezeboxserver 7.6.1 all Artist, Composer and Album entries are
always listed twice in the browse menus. This is independent of the
level in which the Artist, Composer or Album is.

So I get e.g. a composer browse list like

Bach, Johann Sebastian
Bach, Johann Sebastian
Beethoven, Ludwig van
Beethoven, Ludwig van
Chopin, Frederic
Chopin, Frederic

and so on.

This happens only with Artist, Composer and Album but not with Work
(GROUPING). I use also the COMMENT tag in some browse menus and this
tag is also correctly listed once in each browse list. So it seems that
only the standard tags are concerned but not the tags scanned with
Custom Scan.

This happens on the web interface, the squeezeboxes, the controller and
in Squeezecommander on my Android phone.

In the album browse list the first album name is preceeded by the album
art (since in the mixed tags template I selected the corresponding level
tag type as "Album") whereas the second (double) entry does not have an
album art in front.

I enclose three samples of my Custom Browse xml files which I have
renamed to *.txt files to be able to upload them.

Could you please check if this is a bug in Custom Browse?

Thanks a lot in advance.

|Filename: klassik-werke.cb.values.txt                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12375|

dip