I am assuming the rtmp URL you are trying is a Flash one.  There is a
possibility it is another protocol so you need to be sure what plays
this URLs

I can't tell you any details.  The following is my knowledge of the
issue.  RTMp urls are Flash URL and so need a flash player.  I'm not
sure how but the player (an SWF file)seems to be customised (e.g.
browser UI) for each source (e.g. BBC, ClassicFM). To play an URL, the
authorisation code in the URL has to match the player.  The URL you
tested doesn't have the authorisation code or the other parameters
needed.

--
bpa