I've used IR Blaster for many years.  In my opinion, you will get a much
better user experience by using the Squeezebox for the volume control.
Set the volume control on your amp so that it's as loud as you'll ever
want in when 100% on the SB, leave it at that setting and enjoy.  BTW,
I have also tried setting the SB volume to fixed and using IRBlaster to
control amp volume.  It worked, as designed,  but for me, it was simply
not a good user experience.  Volume control was inconsistent and there
was no indication of volume setting on any UIs.

Also, I'm running IRBlaster on 7.6.1 released and it works just fine.

Doug

--
TechHome