mn283;666358 Wrote:
> Thanks all. Epoch yes, the penny finally dropped and I realised it was
> working. However I cannot hold, or quickly repeatably press up or down,
> I have to press, then wait and press again ? I have tried altering the
> delay, but no change. Does anyone know how to improve the response ?What you
> are experiencing is why I leave the amp/receiver volume fixed
and control volume on the Squeezebox.  Using this digital volume
control supposedly affects the sound quality, but I certainly can't
hear it.  Note that there is a Denon serial plugin that should provide
a precise level of control, but it only works on certain Denon
receivers with RS-232 ports.

I stand by my previous post:  "You will get a much better user
experience by using the Squeezebox for the volume control. Set the
volume control on your amp so that it's as loud as you'll ever want in
when 100% on the SB, leave it at that setting and enjoy. BTW, I have
also tried setting the SB volume to fixed and using IRBlaster to
control amp volume. It worked, as designed, but for me, it was simply
not a good user experience. Volume control was inconsistent and there
was no indication of volume setting on any UIs."

--
TechHome