epoch1970;666137 Wrote:
> So, I've been using JustCovers a bit, I like it because it is very fast,
> and straightforward.
> I wonder if you'd see the interest in offering decades as a top-level
> sort criterion ?
> - In the web interface the Years menu is almost unusable as every
> single year is listed on the top level.
> - I have a movie collection and I found that a sort by decades/eras
> (like "pioneers [before '30]", "The 50's", "WWII production
> [1938-1946]", ...) makes some sense. I suspect it might work as well
> for music.
>
> That's just a suggestion. I like the plugin a lot as it is.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like a good idea, however my
classical cd's are dated as per their release date (e.g. some JS Bach
cd released in 2009), so this cannot be done straight from the date
tag. It would need an extra "era" tag of some kind. But that would
require people to do some serious re-tagging on their collection.

I like the idea but for the moment dont see a quick way to do it
properly. Still open for suggestions on this of course.

Tom

--
warpian