nietgiftig;667890 Wrote:
> Good question,
>
> Monitoring my Sqeezeboxes, they are continually searching for the
> server but not sending WOL.
> Not with my Squeezeboxes (Boom, Radio & Duet) anyway.

Hi!

Thanks for both of you!
The answers turn my head up, and I found the solution.

My NIC was set to wake up for ANY network packet, not only for WOL
packet! So the PC was waking up for any network traffic. Then, indeed,
Squeezebox is not sending WOL packets! So I was wrong.

The NIC is Marwell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller, and in the Device Manager, Special Tab on this NIC, I
changed the driver settings. The default value of the "Wake-Up
Capabilities" was "Magic Packet & Pattern Match". I changed this value
to "Magic Packet" only, so then it wakes up for WOL packets only. (Of
course the "Wake From Shutdown" value should be On as well, but this
was also before.)

Problem solved! Works nicely!
Thanks!

--