pippin;677397 Wrote:
> Sorry, but it doesn't really help me to see what _you_ do, I would have
> to know what _I_ have to do to reproduce it to be able to look into
> this and _I_ can't find anything like that in my setup. How do I get
> this menu?
>
> I suspect that the menu has a "textkey" index but that this is sorted
> wrongly or something like that, if it was only text, iPeng would either
> show an numeric index or it should work because absent a textkey iPeng
> only shows an alphabet bar if the list is strictly sorted, or at least
> the first 100 items.
The issue is that:
- There is a bug in the SQL Playlist and TrackStat provided playlist
templates
- There is a bug in the Dynamic Playlist plugin

The result of these bugs is that the "textkey" attribute isn't sent to
iPeng or any other SqueezePlay protocol based application. The contents
is still sorted by ARTISTSORT tag, so the "text" attribute strings won't
be strictly alphabetically as some artists probably have a ARTISTSORT
tag that differs from the ARTIST tag, my guess is that this makes iPeng
hide the alphabet bar.

You will reach these kind of menus by selecting for example:
- Dynamic Playlists/Random/For selected/Random songs by artist
- Dynamic Playlists/Random/For selected/Top rated songs by artist

With SQL Playlist you can also create your own menus with the same
functionality. I'm not sure if excalibur have defined custom playlists
with SQL Playlist or if the issue is with one of the above, but either
way it will be fixed in next versions of my plugins as I will correct
both the templates and the Dynamic Playlist bug. It works with iPeng
after I've corrected it in my own setup so the "textkey" is part of the
message, but I need to make sure I've covered all cases and test it a
bit before releasing it to the public.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.