mps;677242 Wrote:
> Erland. Please don't read the following :)
>
> FWIW, I think Erland's plugins are the biggest bargain in audio. They
> are the primary reason I use and recommend Squeezebox, and have
> improved the value of my squeezebox and stereo to me by orders of
> magnitude. The cost is nominal (The cost of a couple of meals or one
> box set gives me a license in perpetuity for all of Erland's plugins).
> Why should we be griping at Erland, when we are happy to pay for our
> Squeezebox, music (I hope), and stereo? We should all be encouraging
> more from him.

Are we talking of the same plugins ???
I believe that trackstat and custom-xyz plugins aren't friendly at all,
are poorly integrated and buggy.
I didn't pay for the license. After deinstalling all these plugins, I
definitely improved reliability, my system doesn't get stuck anymore
during those lenghty trackstat rescans and I have recovered a lot of
free time for listening music.
I miss rating but i can leave without.
I deplore logitech spending so much effort for lms (completely useless)
when a fraction of those resource could be spent to code ratings in the
main db.

--
reniera