londonman;678650 Wrote:
> 1) can you save the playlists you create in ipeng?

If you are using Squeezebox Server/Logitech Media Server: yes.

> 2) my sb duo receiver battery is hot. does anyone think its worth
> replacing now ipeng is here?

You mean the Controller, right? Do you mean it's physically getting hot
or just doesn't work anymore? Just curious because I'm having the same
issue with mine (it keeps telling me I need to charge it) and I wonder
whether it's a software issue because I rarely even use the
controller.

Whether you still need the controller is up to others to judge, but
hey, iPeng has been around for longer than the Controller (although
only as a web skin for the first year) ;)

Both have their pros and cons. The touch screen interface is better for
browsing and a lot of stuff can be accessed faster. On the other hand,
the controller has hard keys for volume (ok, here you can use the ones
on the iPhone/iPad/iPod, too) and play/pause and at least if you keep
it in the cradle it will always be available immediately while on the
iThingy you have to unlock the screen first.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com