soulgazer;681213 Wrote:
> The selftest is quite useful and at least verified that my
> firewall/router setup was OK. I ran it through the iOS5 Safari browser
> so can't comment on the other browser flavours
>
> Unfortunately when using the plugin in "real life" i usually get a time
> out when retrieving information from Spotify and playlists come up
> empty... Have not yet been able to stream anything using the plugin
> directly.
>
> Again the selftest streamed fine to the player (unfortunately the one
> in the childrens room set to a little high volume so scared the ....
> out of them ;O) - can the player be set as a parameter for the test?)
>
> BR
> soulgazer

The player should be the one selected when you entered settings - looks
like I will need to make this an option.

As for getting rebuffering and no results in real use - was the
streaming with the test ok, it should measure the streaming rate over
an entire track and indicate that it can stream ok.  Try doing the test
with your main player selected and see what it says/sounds like?  There
are normally two causes of streaming problems - problems at the spotify
end and problems with your the internet service.  You can try to
continue streaming for a while for the first one as the plugin will try
to move servers to find one which is not congested.  However I would
expect the test to say it was not streaming ok.

--
Triode