I have used Server Power Control for years to shut my Squeezebox server
down, more recently using the excellent End of Day functions.
I also use a custom command to increase the data base cache size
(cli//PRAGMA%20cache_size%20%3D%20250000) that appears to speed up
various browsing functions. The only drawback with this command is that
it is manual - I have to remember to execute it as my server wakes up
automatically each morning.
Is there a way of executing a command when the server starts up, in
other words a "Start of Day" function ?

At End of Day I shut down the server rather than hibernate as the server
is also used as a TV recorder and the program guide is updated as part
of the start up process.