Hi Triode,

I have spent a few days extending Whitebear so that your Spotify plugin
also appears in the browse tree of the ContentDirectory, and it more or
less works fine now. (Whereas by contrast, the Logitech Spotify plugin
does not work at all). Nevertheless I encountered a couple of
difficulties, where perhaps you could help me.

Whitebear uses the CLI to browse the library directory, command the
players, and get player status feedback -- specifically commands like

Code:
--------------------

  spotify items i j item_id:1.2.3

  [player_mac] spotify playlist play item_id:1.2.3

  [player_mac] status
--------------------
My questions are:

1) I find that sometimes the library browse query does not return the
proper CLI "*count*" result. For example -"spotify items 0 1
item_id:<new_tracks>"- often only returns *count:1* even though on the
player's native browser, there are many new tracks. I suspect there may
be some caching going on, and that your plugin may not be interrogating
Spotify to update the current real value of "count". Is there a way to
ensure the query returns the full proper value of count?

2) The library browse query -"spotify items 0 1 item_id:<radios>"- seems
not to return items that are playable via the -[player_mac] spotify
playlist play item_id:1.2.3- command? Any tips about what I may be doing
wrong here?

3) When a player is playing a Spotify item, how would I properly use the
-[player_mac] status- query to determine the actual Spotify item_id of
the track being played? And how would I retrieve the track's meta data
and cover art url?

Hoping you can help.

PS it looks like really great plug-in.