The instruction is posted by PaulBC on
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/html/plugins@lists.slimdevices.com/2012-05/msg00405.html.

In preparation for installing Logitech Media Server on a My Book Live
Duo, I read through this thread, and the others it references, several
times to understand what has worked, and what has not.  For my, and
others, reference, I've collected the successful steps below.  I take
no
credit for the content, other than collecting it all in one spot.
Also,
this is not an exhaustive step-by-step guide, I assume the reader is
familiar with basic linux commands and the vi editor.

1) ENABLE SSH VIA HTTP://MYBOOKLIVE/UI/SSH

2) DISABLE MEDIA STREAMING ON THE SETTINGS / MEDIA PAGE OR CHANGE
TWONKY'S PORT FROM 9000 TO 8000:

Stop twonky:
Code:
--------------------
/etc/init.d/twonky stop
--------------------

Edit the ini file:
Code:
--------------------
vi /CacheVolume/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini
--------------------

Change the httpport variable:
Code:
--------------------
httpport=8000
--------------------

Start twonky:
Code:
--------------------
/etc/init.d/twonky start
--------------------

3) INSTALL LOGITECH MEDIA SERVER

Change to a public directory:
Code:
--------------------
cd /DataVolume/shares/Public
--------------------

Update debian packages:
Code:
--------------------
aptitude update
--------------------

Download LMS 7.7.2 (or an older or nightly build of your choice):
Code:
--------------------
wget
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.7.2/logitechmediaserver_7.7.2_all.deb
--------------------

Install LMS:
Code:
--------------------
dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.7.2_all.deb
--------------------

4) MOVE THE LMS CACHE DIRECTORY TO A PUBLIC FOLDER

Stop LMS:
Code:
--------------------
/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver stop
--------------------

Move the default cache directory:
Code:
--------------------
mv /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache
/DataVolume/cache/squeezeboxserver
--------------------

Backup server.prefs file:
Code:
--------------------
cp /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs.bak
--------------------

Edit server.prefs file:
Code:
--------------------
vi /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs
--------------------

Change cachedir variable to new location
Code:
--------------------
cachedir: /DataVolume/cache/squeezeboxserver
--------------------

Change librarycachedir to new location:
Code:
--------------------
librarycachedir: /DataVolume/cache/squeezeboxserver
--------------------

Change dbsource variable to new location:
Code:
--------------------
dbsource:
dbi:SQLite:dbname=/DataVolume/cache/squeezeboxserver/library.db
--------------------

Start LMS:
Code:
/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver start

5) CONNECT TO LMS AND CONFIGURE VIA HTTP://MYBOOKLIVE:9000/

LMS was up and running for me after step 3, with a successful scan of
my
5000 song library.  I went ahead with step 4 just to ensure I don't run
into disk space problems in the future.