bpa wrote:
> 1. mms & rtsp
>
> mms is an old deprecated protocol (see
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/82fb84a9-96f5-49dc-92d2-cf76c912aab8.aspx
> ) and not used (or even currently supported by Windows ) - often mms://
> url is rolled over to http: or MS rtsp. Not sure if MS rtsp is supported
> in implemented in mplayer.  There are 3 incompartible rtsp protocols all
> using rtsp:// - Apple, RealNetwork and MS.  You must make sure you
> choose the right one when building mplayer.
>
> ffmpeg supports mms but it must be included in the build - IIRC it used
> to be default in Linux builds but not in Windows builds. Also it seems
> change url from mms://  to mmsh://  or mmst:// depending on the
> underlying transport protocol see http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#mmsh
>
> 2. Video
> I'm not familiar with video support so I cannot offer any opinion except
> that providing decoders in open source is only relevant if they are an
> API which can be used VLC, mpler, ffmped etc.

Thank you soo much again...

I have be able to get video with HTTP streaming from VLC, and play on
SDL... But speed looks too bad, because of mpeg decoder is still done by
software...

I am still thinking how to add my video decoder as an argument to -vo
option in mplayer. For example, in kubuntu, there are many, xv, X11,
directx....etc.. But how about Arm-linux....

Is it possible to avoid using internal software decoders of mplayer,
just let it passthrough the stream to a FILE or some device?