It seems I had my dates wrong:-)

I placed the order for the computer on January 18, 2004 and the date of
manufacture is 1/20/2004.  It has a Pentium 4 CPU 2.66 GHz and came with
512 MB of RAM (I later added two GB of RAM).

It was in 2009 (when I purchased my first Squeezebox) I added the RAM
and attached a 1 TB external USB hard drive, which is where my music
library was stored.  The increase in performance was quite large.  In
2011 I got another increase in performance by switching from Norton
Antivirus to a free A.V. which had a much smaller footprint.  The
increase was equally as large, but one month later the computer was
infected with the malware:-(