Cleared the database, cleared the artwork. Set artwork to 'cover.jpg'
only (which they all are). Unticked 'if no image found locally...'.
Re-imported from Squeezebox Server.  ALL artwork missing.
Tools->FindMissingArtwork->All - Still all missing. (Only took seconds
to scan).
Ticked 'if no image found locally...'. Tools->FindMissingArtwork->All.
Took ages (30 min +).
So now I have some of them, as described in my original post.
BUT they are not from my files, they are presumably from the internet. I
know this because I can see some are different.
So, why are we not picking up my cover.jpg files from my directories?

My setup has my files on a QNAP NAS. There are about 4000 albums. A
typical directory path is Q:\Music\MyCDs\ABBA\Gold\*.mp3 and cover.jpg
This seemed OK in earlier versions. I have 1.4.30, shall I give it a
go?
Help please
Rob