results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

virx71 wrote:

> THANK YOU!
>
> You did a wonderful job and took out what was really missing from the
> Squeeze Controller!
> I deserve you at least a beer or two!
> I didn't see a donate link on your web site though, you should think
> about it!
Thank you for the kind words, they're all the thanks I need!

virx71 wrote:
> I noticed that the SqueezeIR_1.13.zip is not listed in the available
> downloads.
> What about putting new releases in a GoogleDrive or similar cloud
> services and share the link?
Yeah, I need to sort the hosting out.

virx71 wrote:
> FIRST OF ALL A QUESTION:
> I'm using a profile for each SB receiver an one main menu:
> should I create different main menus for each receiver or can I assign a
> <profile></profile> tag to a menu item itself?
You can't assign a profile to a menu item as that would make the current
profile change as you scrolled through the menu.  But you can assign a
profile to a menu and make that menu a sub-menu off the main menu,
eg, If you had a main menu with Lounge & Bedroom on it you could link
those to a Lounge menu and a Bedrrom menu which could change the current
profile accordingly.  Alternatively, you could bypass the main menu and
set the Lounge and Bedroom Menus as the entry points for each porfile so
that you had a different main menu depending on the current profile.
It's your choice really.

virx71 wrote:

> SECONDLY AN EXPLANATION AND AN IDEA:
> I have several submenus in which I have several macros which involve
> different remotes actions at the same time
> and some playerActions which happen to be replicated several times: in
> keys, in menu events and in IPevents as well.
>
> I was wondering why not creating another object called "macro" defined
> in its own section where we could define each single macro
> only once and then call it whenever needed. A macro could be used as a
> complex action element
> To simplifying things all playerAction elements could be included in
> actions thus allowing playerActions to be ordered inside a single event
> flow.

There are reasons (which escape me at the moment but are probably
concerned with the very basic xml parser) as to why the playerActions
and action have to be kept separate but the idea of separating the
actions from the events is a good one.

virx71 wrote:
> THIRD IDEA:
> I noticed that the order parameter is used exclusively: if I put by
> error two order 2s only the last one is taken into account.
> This is a strict behaviour but it might be more simple to use the order
> parameter as a sorting one: all the elements ordered would appear by
> their order number and then sorted alphabetically (this would be both
> useful in menus and in IPevents - see last observation)
> In this way I could build my menus by adding new items or moving items'
> positions without having to check again and again each order parameter
> value.
Now that IS a consequence of the very, very basic xml parser that I use
as the controller does not have one built in.  However, your numbering
does not have to be sequential, you could do 10, 20, 30 etc which would
make inserting extra codes easier.

virx71 wrote:
> FOURTH, ON IR-O-IP:
> The "Update Configuration link" is not working, I tried several times to
> use it without success.
> Not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing something in the xml configuration
> to enable it.
> It would be really useful to update all my controllers remotely with
> just one click!
>
> A few ideas:
> In IPevents it would be great to have order parameters as well with the
> same flexible definition described above.
>
> I imagined also it would be great to organize tables differently:
> 2 3 4 5 10 repeat times are needed only for volumes control and count
> times could be decided inside the IPevents
> definition by a count parameter as in actions elements. Thus if I need
> Vol+ 1 time or 5 times I could easily create two
> events with same command and different count values.
>
> Imagine now instead, to use columns to organize devices' commands:
> the first column would have listed unlimited IPevents which have order
> parameter set from 0 to 9
> the second column would have listed IPevents order parameter set from 10
> to 19
> etc...
>
> Likely all the IR-o-IP links would fit on a single page without the need
> of scrolling.
>
> A last nice thing would be to have the SqueezeIR:OK:IROIP feedback
> inside a management DIV floating on the right of the screen
> together with "Update Configuration" and "Reload Cache" links to
> maximize the space in the page.

ir-o-ip is still very experimental and the basic page that the
controller serves was really only a demo.  The idea is you would create
your own page with customised links to control  the controller.  That
said, I have sinse learnt a bit of javascript so may revisit it.

Thanks