results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

Hi,

"Play" and "+" is the HOTKEY combination defined at the top of the xml
file (you can change the key combination if you like - but there's
little point).  The point of this is it allows you to disable (by
pressing) and re-enable (by holding) SqueezeIR's handling of key presses
so you can quickly turn SqueezeIR off if you need to control your player
directly.

I think what you need is this:
To open a menu directly from a key combination, you firstly need to
define the key combination in the <keyNames> section of the xml:

Code:
--------------------

  <keyNames>
  <keyName ID="LAUNCH">66</keyName> <!--  HOME | BACK  -->
  </keyNames>

--------------------

Then you need to define an event for the above key name that includes a
<target> and place it in your profile(s):

Code:
--------------------

  <profiles>
  <profile ID="my profile">
  <keys>
  <key ID="LAUNCH">
  <events>
  <event ID="PRESS">
  <override>TRUE</override>
  <target>my menu</target>
  </event>
  <event ID="HOLD">
  <override>TRUE</override>
  <target>_SETTINGS</target>
  </event>
  </events>
  </key>
  </keys>
  </profile>
  </profiles>

--------------------

of course, the menu "my menu" needs to be present in the <menus> section
of the xml (but I assume you already have this):

Code:
--------------------

  <menus>
  <menu ID="my menu">
  </menu>
  </menus>

So, whenever the profile "my profile" is active, pressing HOME & BACK
together will open the SqueezeIR menu called "my menu" (as defined in
the <menus> section of the xml).  Incidentally, using this
configuration, holding the key combination will open SqueezeIR's
settings screen (using the reserved menu name "_SETTINGS").

Hope this helps.