epoch1970 wrote:
> I poked my cd-rom with eject, sdparm and other bits of random C code I'd
> found on the net. I can't get the information that the drive is active.
> I can assert a media is in there, what type of media, but I don't seem
> to be able to see if the drive is spinning. When playing an audio CD,
> the media is always ejectable and it doesn't seem to spin continuously.
> The drive reports "ready" (for ejection) all the time.
> I am not sure automatic eject is a good idea. I had a plan to do this on
> a home server, before sleeping the machine. However I scrapped the
> feature shortly, it simply wasn't practical and it looked weird.
>
> Some slot-in players do have eject buttons, after all...

After looking through cdrom.h and the various possibilities and the time
it would to test to ensure reasonable behaviour - I think the easiet way
would be to add an Eject menu which executes a command which is defined
in "settings" and I think it will be the standard  "eject" command with
parameters to suit your system.  The plugin could be configured to
insert drive device name into the command line.   I think plugin should
check that CD  drive has status CDS_DISC_OK and cdda2wav is not running
before executing the command.